- Distributed Generation and Energy Management
Chair: Prof. Naran M. Pindoriya (IIT Gandhinagar)
- Microgrids, nanogrids modeling, simulation, and data management.
- Hybrid systems and applications.
- Automation of smart/innovative homes, cities, communities.
- Multi-energy systems, including combined heat and power.
- Demand-side management, ancillary services from microgrids.
- Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS).
- Building energy management systems.
- Peer-to-peer energy sharing.
- Energy Storage Systems, EV battery storage, and Vehicle to Grid/Grid to Vehicle.
- Renewable Energy and Grid Integration
Chair: Prof. Nilanjan Senroy (IIT Delhi)
- Renewable power generation and clean energy technologies.
- Battery, Hydrogen & fuel cell storage system.
- Power converters for Renewable energy integration at transmission and distribution levels.
- Demand-side management and ancillary services for large-scale integration.
- Flexibility, Inertial control.
- Policy, Grid Code, and Regulatory Framework.
- Power System Protection, Operation & Control
Chair: Prof. Bhavesh Bhalja ( IIT Roorkee)
- Power system modelling, dynamics, and control.
- Power system protection, Digital Substation, and automation.
- Forecasting and Scheduling practices, unit commitment, economic dispatch, etc.
- Resilience, Security, reliability.
- Wide area monitoring system and its applications.
- Power System operation with FACTS/HVDC.
- Advance metering, Synchrophasor measurements, state estimation.
- Power Electronics, Drives and Machines
Chair: Prof. G. Bhuvaneshwari ( Mahindra University)
- Analysis, control, and design of electrical machines and drives.
- Emerging converter topologies, modeling, simulation, and control.
- Design and applications of Wide Band Gap power electronic devices (SiC, GaN).
- Motor drive technologies for Industrial Applications.
- Power converters for Electric Vehicle chargers and power-train.
- Battery Management Systems, Fuel Cell.
- Health monitoring, predictive maintenance of Electrical Machines, and Power Converters.
- HV engineering and Power System Planning
Prof. Prabodh Bajpai (IIT Kharagpur)
- New materials for HV applications.
- Transmission Expansion Planning.
- Distribution System Planning.
- Planning towards Net Zero Systems and Grids.
- New Energy Storage technology.
- EV Infrastructure.
- AI, ML, Big Data, and Cyber Security
Chair: Prof. Rohit Bhakar (MNIT Jaipur)
- Computational intelligence in power and energy systems.
- AI, ML, and game theory applications.
- Cyber-physical systems, threat, security, and privacy in grid applications.
- IoT applications to the power system, data handling.
- Cloud computing.
- Cyber Security systems.
- Blockchain technologies.
- Economics, Electricity Markets, and Regulatory framework
Chair: Prof. Bharat Singh Rajpurohit (IIT Mandi)
- Market design and regulation to integrate new participants and renewable resources.
- Market designs for reliability and resilience in power systems with high renewable penetration.
- Flexibility through markets – Intra-day markets and ramping products.
- Expanding ambit of ancillary services – Essential Reliability Services from Renewables.
- Wholesale and Retail level competition with New Actors – Aggregators, Distribution System Operators.
- Risk Management in Electricity Market.
- Sector regulation and tariff design in the face of technological disruption.
- Techno-economic analysis.